BOOKING PROCEDURES and TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2023
To book your place, completed an online Application form
PARTICIPANTS IN THE UK
Please make payments to:
Account name: The Dance Summer School
Account Number: 33053571 Sort Code: 20-49-81
An initial £100 non-refundable deposit is required to book your place. Please include the participant’s name as a reference.
Paying by cheque
Please send by post a cheque from a UK Bank payable to The Dance Summer School to
THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL, 19, Clearwell Gardens, Oakley, Cheltenham, GL52 5GH, United Kingdom
Please ensure the name of the participant is written on the reverse of the cheque/receipt.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL AS CONFIRMATION OF YOUR BOOKING. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, SPACE ALLOWING.
For any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS Pay here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Dance Summer School (aka TDSS) is monitoring the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic. The ability to provide its services is limited to the British and Scottish Government's regulations and legislation in place when the course starts on July 23rd 2023. This, will follow the Strategic Framework and Timetable for Easing Restrictions plan, which is updated periodically by the Scottish Government.
TDSS undertakes a full risk assessment and prepares the necessary measures to protect participants, staff, venue's workers/visitors and the public.
All protocols and mitigations will be updated on July 9th 2023 and participants will be informed whenever necessary for them to take any action.
Dance Summer School 2023 is regulated by the following terms and conditions.
1. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL (also known in the terms and conditions as TDSS) will provide through their faculty high quality of dance lessons.
2. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL keeps the right to change the faculty of teachers and activities of the event at the organiser's discretion and without giving any notice to the participants.
3. Every member of THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL staff and faculty will hold a disclosed DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check at the time of the event.
4. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL will provide chaperones throughout the event and lifeguards for activities in the swimming pool. However, participants will be allowed to spend time without chaperones within the venue's grounds at certain times.
5. There will be at least one certified first aider available 24 hrs a day throughout the event.
6. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL organises the event taking great care in the selection of third-party service providers; however, THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL cannot be held responsible and liable for services provided for them such as: Transportation, accommodation, catering services, guided and unguided tour services and any other service related to the event not provided directly by THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL.
7. To attend THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL, participants can choose from any of the following packages (all fees stipulated in British pounds):
RESIDENTIAL STUDENT -This include: Tuition, 6 nights full board accommodation in a single or shared room -subject to availability- with shared facilities, meals (starting with dinner on arrival day and finishing with breakfast on check-out day) and entertainment programme.
Fees £690 Sterling per person per week.
RESIDENTIAL TEACHER -This include: Tuition, 6 nights full board accommodation in a single or shared room -subject to availability- with shared facilities, meals (starting with dinner on arrival day and finishing with breakfast on check-out day).
Fees £710 Sterling per person per week.
There is a £10 sterling charge for every meal provided that is not included above. Extra meals need to be discussed in advance with the TDSS's organisers.
NON - RESIDENTIAL STUDENT- (Monday to Saturday) This include: Tuition and entertainment programme. Fees per week £420 Sterling per person. Meals available on request.
NON - RESIDENTIAL TEACHER- (Monday to Friday) This include: Tuition and entertainment programme. Fees per week £420 Sterling per person. Meals available on request.
Round Transfer Service Airport (Edinburgh)-Venue-Airport (Edinburgh) : £45 per person.
8. The date of arrival and registration time for residential participants is July 23rd and July 30th between 15.30 hrs and 17:30 hrs. Our event will finish on July 29th and August 5th at lunchtime. Registration of non-residential participants is on July 24th and July 31st at 9.00 am.
9. Accommodation will be provided in either a single room or in a dorm, sharing with other participants. The layout depends on the availability and the
10. To book a place in the event, a non-refundable £100 Sterling deposit for each course along with a completed application form is required. Bookings will be recognised on the arrival date of the initial deposit.
11. Submitting an application form to The Dance Summer School means that the parent/legal guardian and participants agreed to accept these terms and conditions.
12. To book a place, deposits and application forms should be received no later than June 15th 2023.
13. ALL PLACES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
14. The clearance balance of payment should be received by June 15th 2023. ANY FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN CANCELLATION.
14a. Deposits or partial payments are not refundable under any circumstances. However, if the remaining balance has been paid, this will be refunded (less a 10% administration charge) when there are medical circumstances -excluding Covid 19- prohibiting the participant from attending the course and with notice given at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course. A medical certificate will need to be provided.
14b. Participants unable to attend due to being infected with Covid-19 will receive only a 30% refund of any monies paid (excluding the initial deposit which is non-refundable under any circumstances).
15. Should the course is postponed or cancelled due to the covid-19 pandemic; a £35 admin charge will be retained from any monies received. The rest will be refunded minus any applicable bank charges involved to send refunds to the participants.
16. Spaces are subject to availability. The Dance Summer School will not take responsibility for any flight or other travel expense lost due to unavailable spaces. Therefore, participants must be sure that they have reserved a place with The Dance Summer School before booking any means of travel.
17. The Dance Summer School is unable to refund fees due to the event's cancellation for circumstances outside of its control. E.g. Venue's inability to provide promised services.
18. Participants are responsible for their transport to and from our venue.
19. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL can provide (under request) a return transfer service between the arrival/departure point at Edinburgh airport or Perth train station and its venue for a charge of £45 sterling per person.
20. The transfer service's working hours are on Sunday July 23rd and Sunday July 30th for flights arriving between 10:30 hrs. until 17:30 hrs and Saturday July 29th and Saturday August 5th for flights departing between 10:30 hrs. until 17:30 hrs.
21. The cost of the transfer service outside the times stipulated above will increase significantly, and participants should discuss arrangements with the The Dance Summer School organisers before considering booking this service.
22. The Dance Summer School is not liable or responsible for any disruption to flights, coach or train services that participants might miss due to any delay in the transfer service provided by The Dance Summer School, however every effort will be made to get all participants to their onward connections on time.
TRANSFER SERVICE FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINORS/meet and greet service.
23. The Dance Summer School can arrange a meet and greet service for unaccompanied participants aged under 18 and who are using the unaccompanied service from their preferred airline. The cost depends on the travel arrangements organised by the participant's parents/legal guardians and TDSS's organisers and will be discussed accordingly.
24. The meet and greet service provided by The Dance Summer School is different from the transfer service and its working hours.
25. The name of the person responsible for meeting and greeting the participant at Edinburgh airport would be confirmed by TDSS nearer the time of the course. (End of June/beginning of July)
26. The Dance Summer School is not liable or responsible for any disruption to flights, coach or train services that are missed by participants due to any delay in the meet and greet service provided by The Dance Summer School. However, every effort will be made to get all participants to their onward connections on time.
27. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL would provide upon request a scheduled transport service to visit Edinburgh on July 23rd for an additional fee of £45 GBP. This is available for participants attending both weeks of the summer school.
28. Tickets to enter various sightseeing attractions in Edinburgh can be arranged upon request.
OTHER (including Covid - 19)
29. Applicants are advised to consider taking out insurance against withdrawal due to injury/illness or circumstances requiring medical treatment or hospitalisation, or personal or family reasons or any other such circumstance that might prevent them from completing the course.
30. Participants are informed that specific preparations will be required before arrival (this may include taking a covid test before arrival and during the course). Further information will be provided on July 9th 2023.
30a. Participants accept unconditionally to follow the Covid-19 protocols and mitigations implemented by TDSS.
30b. Participants and or their parents/legal guardians understand that under the current global circumstances, attending The Dance Summer School implies a possibility of Covid-19 infection and unconditionally accept the risk and its potential consequences. They release TDSS, its staff and organisers of any liability, legal and civil responsibility and legal and civil action.
31. Applicants with an existing injury also attend the course at their own risk.
31a. Due to the nature of our activity, THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL cannot take responsibility for any injury or personal illness during the event or as a consequence of attending TDSS. Personal accident insurance and health insurance are the responsibility of the participant or their parents/legal guardians.
32. THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL cannot take responsibility for any missing, damaged or stolen personal belongings -including mobile phones- these are the participant's responsibility.
33. Mobile phones must be switched off during all classes and activities.
34. Participants are not allowed to take photos or videos during the dance lessons.
35. No participant under 18 is allowed to leave the venue at any time, under any circumstance, without the organisers' previous knowledge and the consent of their parents/legal guardians.
36. Due to the Covid Pandemic, participants 18 years and over are not allowed to exit the venue during the course. Visitors are not permitted under any circumstances. Participants must adhere to this clause.
37. Every participant must show an acceptable standard of behaviour and conduct or they will be asked to leave the course. Their fees would be forfeited.
38. Due to the nature of our activity, our faculty may need to give guidance to the students that would involve gentle physical contact.
39. Photographs or video of all the activities during the summer school, may be taken and used for future promotional material. If you do not want your child to take part in this, please inform The Dance Summer School Organisers.
40. Submitting an application form represents the agreement of the consent to the emergency procedure and liability in case of accident detailed in paragraphs A, B and C of this document.
Paragraph A FOR ALL STUDENTS UNDER 18 CONSENT TO EMERGENCY PROCEDURE
"I authorise all emergency dental, medical and surgical treatment, X-ray, laboratory tests, anaesthetic, blood transfusion and other medical and/or hospital procedures as may be performed or prescribed by the attending physician and/or paramedics for my child and waive my right to informed consent of treatment."
This waiver applies only in the event that no parent/guardian named on the application form can be reached in the case of an emergency and is not available to give written/verbal consent or if in the circumstances it would be detrimental to the health of your child not to undergo immediate emergency treatment.
Paragraph B FOR PARTICIPANTS OVER 18 CONSENT TO EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
"I authorise all emergency dental, medical and surgical treatment, X-ray, laboratory tests, anaesthetic, blood transfusion and other medical and/or hospital procedures as may be performed or prescribed by the attending physician and/or paramedics and waive my right to informed consent of treatment.
This waiver applies only in the event that I am unable to give my verbal consent."
Paragraph C FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS LIABILITY IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
"I release THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL and individuals from liability in case of accident and any possible injury or fatality as a consequence of any activities related to THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL aka TDSS provided by any members of their staff and organisers".
"I release THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL and individuals from liability in case of accident and any possible consequence by cancellation during activities related to THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL provided by them and or third parties such as: Transportation, accommodation, catering services, guided and unguided tours service and any other service related to the event provided or not provided directly by THE DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL and not named here".